Maine’s mid-coast is well known as an enclave for some of America’s most famous photographers, painters, writers, and poets. The beautiful light and stunning landscapes inspire many to come to the Camden, Rockland, and Belfast area to create their body of work. Andrew Wyeth, Jamie Wyeth, Joyce Tenneson, Richard Russo and Tess Gerritsen to name a few. There are the famous art institutions such as The Maine Photography Workshops, Bay Chamber concerts, The Farnsworth Museum, CMCA, and Camden Opera House. Monhegan Island is a short ferry ride away. Some of the most famous U.S. artists have been inspired by Monhegan, including George Bellows, C. K. Chatterton, Randall Davey, Robert Henri, Rockwell Kent, Edward Willis Redfield, Frederick Judd Waugh, and three generations of the Wyeth family: N.C., Andrew, and Jamie.
The greater Camden area houses beautiful, world-renowned galleries to buy work from local and globally known artists alike. Buying a piece of art is like falling in love, sometimes it happens instantly and sometimes it takes time. At Relais and Chateaux Camden Harbour Inn we have a strong connection to our local art scene. We sponsor Bay Chamber Concerts, Camden International Film Festival, performances at Camden Opera House, and other Maine art museum institutions and events. Although we have unique works of art throughout the inn, we understand that sometimes it takes a bit longer to decide if you like a piece.
With Carver Hill Gallery and Dowling Walsh, we offer the unique opportunity to have a date night with the art piece you like to purchase. Here is how it works: You visit the gallery or go online in advance and select the art piece you like to purchase by visiting the Carver Hill Gallery or the Dowling Walsh. Call Camden Harbour Inn to make a reservation and inform us or the gallery which art piece you like to have on a wall in your guestroom or suite. Enjoy the art of hospitality and the art of dining (room service is offered) while having a ‘date night’ with your choice of art. Wake up with your painting and decide if you like to purchase it or if it was just a one-night-stand.
The package includes a 2-night stay including breakfast every morning, a 7-course dinner at Natalie’s, A Date Night with Art by Carver Hill Gallery or Dowling Walsh- and admission to CMCA and Farnsworth Museum.
Starting at $920.00 per person based on double occupancy.
Date Night With Art At the Camden Harbour Inn:
- 2 night stay in a luxurious guestroom or suite.
- A La Carte Champagne breakfast each morning.
- A glass of Prosecco and a selection of hors d’oeuvres upon arrival.
- 7-course Dinner at Natalie’s
- 2-persons admission to Farnsworth Museum
- 2 persons admission to CMCA
- Selected Art Piece (Carver Hill Gallery or Dowling Walsh) in your room or suite for one night
All our guests enjoy our signature Lifestyle Service:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Complimentary coffee and tea in the comfort of your room
- Complimentary Poland Spring water in your room
- Turndown service including handmade premium Belgian chocolates
- Complimentary Portland Press Herald newspaper every morning
- Complimentary coffee, tea, pastries, and snacks in the lounge
- Complimentary selection of magazines, books and newspapers in the lounge
- Complimentary selection of glossy magazines in the comfort of your room
- Complimentary DVD library including the latest movies
- Complimentary concierge service
From $920 per person, based on double occupancy. This promotion is based on availability and excludes taxes and gratuity (20% for dinner will be added) and alcoholic drinks other than mentioned in the package. This promotion is based on availability and excludes taxes and gratuity (20% for dinner will be added), and alcoholic drinks.