With the crisp air of autumn comes the chance to experience a quintessential fall weekend in one of the most beautiful fall villages in Maine; Camden! Named Favorite Foliage Town by Yankee Magazine, Camden offers a variety of perfect autumn attractions. It doesn’t matter if it is your first time experiencing the fall or if you came back year after year, you'll be amazed at the glorious colors on display.
Enjoy a long hike at one of the many trails the area has to offer (Camden area was named ‘One of World’s Most Scenic Walks’ by Departures Magazine earlier this year) or sail the bay and have spectacular views on the high hills surrounding the harbor and bay with stunning colored trees.
Or spend an afternoon browsing the unique boutiques and art galleries in the area among our favorites are Glendarragh Lavender with unique lavender scented gifts, Surroundings offering a variety of beautiful often coastal inspired decorations, or Once A Tree, with a great collection of vases, bowls and so much more all made out of wood.
We recommend spending a few days in Camden and we hope the following suggestions will give you a few unique ideas for an extended Autumn Stay at Camden Harbour Inn
- Whenever we have the chance we love to drive or hike up Mount Battie for spectacular foliage views over the town of Camden, the harbor, the bay, the many islands and the coastline.
- With so many hiking trails is hard to choose our favorites include Bald Mountain Preserve, Bald Rock Mountain, Beech Hill Preserve, Ducktrap River Trail, Fernalds Neck Preserve, Maiden’s Cliff, Mount Battie Trail, Mount Megunticook Trail, Ragged Mountain and Tanglewood.
- We always love to spend an afternoon at Cellardoor Winery in Lincolnville and taste their wines or take part in one of the fun cooking classes or wine dinner events. We highly recommend having lunch at Cellardoor. The winery offers a variety of delicious cold plates prepared by a local farmers market; Megunticook Market served with a complimentary glass of wine….or better buy a bottle and spend a romantic afternoon in the vineyard!
- Especially in the fall whenever we have a spare moment we love to take out our kayak on Megunticook lake. It is beautiful in the fall, less than 10 minutes driving from Camden and perhaps the best way to see the foliage! Please contact our concierge if you like to rent a kayak.
- Starting this summer we are able to rent a Classic Scooter and tour the area the ‘Italian Way’. Navigation system, a picnic basket and blanket are included, who knows where the journey will bring you?
- If you like to relax after a day out and about, than consider our new suites fitted with a sauna, steam-shower and a Jacuzzi. Snuggle up in front of a fireplace, have a massage and enjoy New England’s best French cuisine in the privacy of your room or in our beautiful restaurant; Natalie’s at Camden Harbour Inn
27-30 Camden International Film Festival
28-30 Vinfest at Cellardoor Winery
29-30 Fall Harbor Arts Show
6 -7 Foreign Auto Festival & Antique Aeroplane Show
6 -8 Columbus Day Weekend at Schooner Surprise
12 Suzanne Vega in Concert at the Strand
13 Pumpkin Patch in Boothbay Railway Village
13 A walk back in time in Thomaston
18 – 20 Pop!Tech Conference
31 At Hallow’s Eve
Visit our promotion page for special rates and packages including our 4-nights Sea The Leaves Package including a sail on one of the Windjammers an afternoon kayaking on the lakes, dining at Natalie’s, a visit and tasting at Cellardoor, a relaxing massage and much more starting at $1079 .
With Thanksgiving fast approaching we also recommend or our wonderful Thanksgiving Package,. Awarded one of the best place to celebrate Thanksgiving in the USA by America’s Best online!
We are looking forward to welcoming you this fall at one of the most beautiful villages in New England; Camden, Maine. For more information on Autumn Packages in Camden or special foliage rates at Camden Harbour Inn, please contact us directly at 207.236.4200 or 800.236.4266